Experimental Radiation Core
The Experimental Radiation Core maintains and operates sources of ionizing radiation for research use. The core has the capability to deliver X- and γ-rays at a broad range of dose rates and radiation field sizes for a variety of purposes, such as irradiation of cell cultures, animal whole body irradiation, irradiation of animal tumor models or other (image guided) partial-body irradiation. In addition, the core has two sources for small-field superficial exposures with β-radiation.
- Maintenance of radiation equipment, dosimetry
- Assistance in design and development of new animal or cell culture irradiation models
- Assistance and training in whole body or localized irradiation of animal models
- Assistance and training in radiation exposure of cell cultures
- Scheduling of radiation equipment