The Vice Chancellor for Research is responsible for supporting and enhancing research across all colleges including the College of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, College of Nursing, College of Public Health and College of Health Related Professions. In broad terms, the Vice Chancellor for Research provides leadership in formulating and carrying out strategies to expand campus-wide research and collaborative activity.
– Nancy Gray, Ph.D., Director
- Division of Laboratory Animal Medicine
– Mildred Randolph, D.V.M., Director
– Bill Gurley, Ph.D. Director
- Institutional Review Board
– Jennifer Holland, J.D., Director
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
– Suzanne Alstadt, D.P.A., CRA, Director
- Office of Research Information Systems
– Rebecca Nickleson, M.S.H.S., CRA, Director
- Office of Research Regulatory Affairs
– Tom Wells, M.D., Director
Additionally, the UAMS Research Committee (URC), which includes research faculty members from all UAMS colleges, meets monthly to discuss research policy, processes, and strategic planning, grant submission, and collaborative research.
The success of UAMS faculty members in obtaining American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds has also fueled the campus research enterprise substantially for the foreseeable future.
Check out the exciting work our research faculty members are doing in the new Arkansas Research in Medicine (ARM) videos where exciting advances are described in plain language.
Larry Cornett, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor for Research