Research and Innovation’s Core Facility / Service / Database awards of $5,000 augment the capabilities of UAMS researchers. Applications must be submitted via the submission form below.
Incomplete applications or those without the required director approval(s) will not be considered.
Proposals will be evaluated and ranked on the basis of scientific merit and potential for receiving extramural funding. Funding results will be communicated to the applicant by email from Research and Innovation within two to three weeks of submission.
In order to evaluate the effectiveness of this funding, all grant recipients must submit a final summary detailing the disposition of awarded grant funds. No applicant shall be eligible for subsequent Research and Innovation awards without submission of a final report. After one year, all publications and external grants submitted / awarded must be reported to the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation via the online Year End Reporting form.
What to include in your application
Submit via SRV online form below.
- Briefly describe the proposed work (one to two pages specific aims / narrative).
- Provide the PI’s NIH biosketch.
- Describe the requested core facility / services / national dataset usage (up to $5,000).
- Submit a brief budget / budget justification.
- Upload the director’s approval regarding the described use and scheduling requested. Applications without core director approval will not be considered.
- An instructor-level core use applicant must submit the name and department / college of the associated experienced mentor. Both the Instructor and Mentor must provide an “approval to submit” and / or provide a “release time” letter (with percentage of time to work on project) if applicable. Submissions without mentor approval will not be considered.
- Awardees must provide an year end report to the Division of Research and Innovation after one year with regard to funding / products / publications that came about as a result of the SRV funding.
For questions regarding the application process, contact:
Shuk-Mei Ho, Ph.D.
Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation
Biomedical Research Building 2