If you are new to research at UAMS, this website provides you with some guidance to help you get started.
Human Subjects Protection and HIPAA for Research training
Before you can conduct clinical research on the UAMS campus or any affiliated campus that uses the UAMS Institutional Review Board, you must complete Human Subjects Protection and HIPAA for Research training.
- Go to www.CITIProgram.org and select University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- All modules will require a score of 100% on each quiz.
- Certification is valid for three years.
Contact information for UAMS committees/offices that may review your research:
- Bio-Safety Committee
Chair: Jia Liu, Ph.D.
Chair: Paula Roberson, Ph.D.
- Division of Laboratory Animal Medicine (DLAM)
Director: Christy Simecka, D.V.M.
- Occupational Health and Safety
Director: James Bishop
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Director: Edith Paal, MSJourn, MPH, CIP, CHRC
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Director: Kerrey Roberto
- Office of Research Regulatory Affairs (ORRA)
Interim Director: Laura Adkins, MAP, CCRP, CCRA, CRS, AdvCRS
- Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP)
Director: Suzanne Alstadt
- Protocol Review and Monitoring Committee (PRMC)
PRMC Administrator: Brittany Lehman
- Office of Research Compliance
Research Compliance Officer: TBD
- Research Pharmacy
Director: Jennifer Roberts, Pharm.D.